The first point to keep in mind when logging out/resetting the app is that it will delete all the previous messages in the chat. So, if you wish to save any message then do it before resetting.
There is no other way, without losing the messages, for signing out of the messenger. However, your friends will remain as it is even after resetting the app. So, you don’t have to worry about adding all your friends again once the app is re-installed.
The most commonly used methods of logging out of the messenger are given below.
Steps for Logging-out:
1. Saving Messages: Save important messages first. As mentioned above that logging out will lose the chat history so if you wish to keep any messages, then save them first. Ways to save messages are as follows:
– By copying messages: You may save messages by copying them to another folder on your phone such as Google docs or any other document file.
For this, just click on the messenger>Go to the chat> Long press the message (it will open up options)> Copy message> Paste on the document folder.
– By taking a screenshot: The other way of saving messages is by taking a screenshot of the message. For this, you just have to go on the chat messenger and open up the message.
Press the screenshot combination for iPhone which is mostly “Power + Home button”. This will save the image in the ‘Pictures/images” folder.
2. Go to Settings: Click on the symbol of “gear” on the top right corner of the screen after opening up the messenger, this will open the Settings menu on the messenger. Your profile will come on the screen.
3. Click on the “Your Account”: Tap on Your Account option that comes in the settings menu. This will open your account details and options to manage it.
4. Tap on the “Reset KIK” option: At the Your Account window you will see the “Reset KIK” option. Tap on it and you will see another pop-up window asking you to confirm if you want to reset the messenger or not.
5. Click on “Yes” for confirmation: Confirming to reset messenger will delete your account.
The messages will be lost in this way, but the contacts will remain as it is. Whenever you reinstall, backup the previous messages and continue.
The messenger will exit and the screen of logging in would appear. Whenever you want to use KIK again, just log in to your account and you are good to go.
If you don’t remember the password, you have to go to the KIK website and enter your email address there. A link would be sent to your email id. Click on that link and it will ask you to reset your password. Enter the new password and confirm it. Now go to sign in and enter the email address and new password.
If you don’t remember the email you used to access the KIK messenger earlier, then you won’t be able to reach it again, which will result in losing all the previous data.
If you wish to log out of the messenger on some specific device, there is an easy way of doing this.
KIK doesn’t support logging in from different devices so as soon as you log in through another device, you will be logged out from the previous one automatically. As said by its developers, this is done in order to ensure the privacy of the user.
Remember: you will lose the messages either way.
So, before logging in from any other device, take notice of all the data/messages you wish to save.