KIK messenger is a perfect app when it comes to staying connected with your friends. However, you may want to use KIK on Wi-Fi only, especially when your mobile network charges a lot for data.
Here, I will explain how to make KIK use Wi-Fi connection when it’s available. This way, you will be saving network charges for data consumption.
Is KIK Messenger Free?
KIK Messenger is free to download. All you need is an internet connection or a data plan to gain access to it. The cost of Messenger depends on your existing data plan and is set by the wireless provider. However, if you are using a Wi-Fi connection. Then it is free of cost.
Wi-Fi and KIK Messenger
As mentioned above, no data charges are applied if you are downloading/using KIK Messenger App via Wi-Fi. It is more convenient and cost effective method. But it can only exist as long as you have an access to Wi-Fi.
While traveling or going somewhere else, the connection will be lost and you will no longer be able to use the messenger. Data charges will be applied to send and receive messages in this case as long as your Wi-Fi is out of range.
Guidelines for Using KIK Messenger on Wi-Fi
Following are the guidelines for using KIK Messenger via Wi-Fi:
• Firstly, make sure that your Wi-Fi network is available and working properly.
• If the network is available, then confirm that Wi-Fi is enabled on your device.
• After that, just start using KIK by downloading the app on your operating system. (Method is given below in this article).
Using KIK Messenger on iPhone
KIK Messenger is available for all smartphones having different operating systems. It’s an easy to use app and has simple setup process. Just follow the steps to download and start enjoying it.
The procedure mentioned below works for all the versions of iPhones from the oldest one to the newest one.
Remember: It is important to update your software before downloading the app for better usage. This can be done by going to the “Settings” of your phone. Then select “General” from the list and finally tap “Software Update” and you are good to go.
Procedure for Login through iPhone
Once you have upgraded your software, you can download the messenger by the following procedure:
1. First of all, connect to the Wi-Fi network. Go to “Settings” and Turn “Wi-Fi On”. When it turns green, it means that it is on. When it is gray, it shows that wi-fi is off.
2. Then go to the “App Store” from the phone menu.
3. Search for “KIK Messenger App”.
4. Click on the app and “Download” and “install”.
5. After completing the installation process, tap the app and start using it by creating “Login/Sign Up”.
6. For login, enter the “Email Address” and “Password”.
Now you have an access to KIK Messenger and you can do whatever you want to enjoy the services it provides.
Procedure for Login Through Android
The procedure of downloading KIK Messenger on Android Phone is quite similar to that of iPhone.
Steps are as follows:
1. Go to the “Play Store” on your phone.
2. Write “KIK Messenger” in the search bar.
3. Click on the Three Dots (…) given on the right side of the app that to download and install.
4. When the downloading and installation is finished, open the app.
5. Register with KIK Messenger by providing the login details. This will require your Email Address and Password and your account will be created.
Using KIK Messenger on Wi-Fi Only
When you are using Wi-Fi, you get the messenger free of cost while other connections will require some cost as suggested by their service provider. There are certain considerations which need to be in focus when using KIK messenger on Wi-Fi only. They differ from device to device.
For a Smartphone
If you are using a smartphone then Wi-Fi connection is done by Hotspot Shield which connects your device to the network provider. This app is safe to use as the work depends on encryption of data sent and received by the customer.
For a Personal Computer
If you are using a PC, then it is a bit complex but can be managed. You have to download and install the hotspot on your PC and uninstall after each expired session. This can be quite troublesome at times.
Sending Video Files through Wi-Fi
Firstly, make sure your Wi-Fi is connected to your device. KIK has a feature to edit the videos before sending. Just click on the “+” button and chose the already existing video file. Then tap on the chat bubble to send the file. New videos can also be made by going to the “Camera” and can be trimmed and sent likewise.
Connection Failed/Error Message
Sometimes while opening up the messenger, an error occurs due to which the messenger can’t be opened. This error message is an indication that your internet connection is not working properly.
This problem can be tackled by checking the connection first of all. Then switch on and off the Wi-Fi. Then Refresh the link by clicking on “Home” button (force closing the apps). This closes the KIK Messenger. After that, re-open the app and it would start working.
If the Wi-Fi connection is poor, one cannot login to KIK messenger. It is the pre-requisite of logging in the messenger to connect to a good network.
Check the Wi-Fi connection and enjoy the features available on KIK messenger e.g. playing games online. You can chat with the chatbots as well and get to know about news, weather and other activities. For enjoying all these, you need to have a Wi-Fi connection.
Wi-Fi is important for users to enjoy the full potential of KIK Messenger but like other connections, it has its faults but can be tackled for proper usage.