If you are a KIK messenger fan and have recently switched to Chromebook, then you would definitely want to get this app as soon as you start using your Chromebook. Stay in touch with your KIK friends on Chromebook by using the guides given below in this article.
Using KIK messenger app on Chromebook is easier in cases you are not comfortable pulling out your cell phone for texting your friends or you don’t have access to the cell phone or a place where cell phone usage is not acceptable. In such cases, you can then open up KIK on Chromebook and reply to your friends.
But unfortunately, Chromebook doesn’t allow downloading apps like KIK messenger. Although this is the case, but here we are providing you the solutions to your problems. You can now enjoy KIK app on your Chromebook through certain ways. Stick here to find out about these ways.
Methods for downloading KIK on Chromebook & Chrome
In this article, we will describe three ways by which you can get access to KIK app on Chromebook and Chrome. These are enlisted below.
1. Using Manymo Android emulator
2. Using Twerk app
3. Using ARC Welder tool
The detailed procedures for these methods are given here one by one.
Download KIK on Chromebook by Manymo
You may be familiar with Manymo, which is an online Android emulator. This is a good choice if you want to use KIK messenger online without any charges. This emulator imitates the Android operating system on your chrome browser and lets you run any Android app through it.
Make sure you have a Google Play account before going to use Manymo because this requires you to download and run the apk file for KIK messenger. Follow the steps mentioned here to start using KIK through Manymo.
1. First of all, go to Google Play store and make an account if you don’t already have one and if you have it, then sign in to it. Verify that you can download apps through it.
2. Once you have opened the Google play store, search for KIK messenger and download the apk file for it. If you want to use it in future as well, then save this file.
3. Once you have downloaded the app, you need an emulator. So sign up for Manymo account. Enter your email address and password for signing up the account.
4. After signing up, click “launch emulators” on the top of the screen and select any of the suitable Android emulator sizes for your device.
5. Then click “launch with app” on the top right of the window.
6. Then upload your KIK messenger app into this Manymo and run it.
Remember: While selecting the emulator size, choose the one that is similar to the size of your Chromebook for better results.
Download KIK Messenger via Twerk App
If you don’t want to use an Android emulator, then you can use Twerk app which converts apk file for using any android app on Chrome. Manymo is the online method for using KIK and you need to go through the whole process of signing into the emulator and loading the KIK app each time you want to use it. Twerk makes it easier to have KIK messenger on your Chromebook. The procedure to use Twerk is given as under.
1. Firstly, download Twerk Chrome app and open it.
2. Then search for KIK messenger on the Google Play store. Then enter the URL after “id=” into the
3. Add a name, version to the URL while entering it in Twerk.
4. Then go your chrome browser and click “extensions”. You can simply type “chrome://extensions” in your browser for this.
5. Then click “developer mode” and after that, click “load unpacked extension”.
6. Then select the folder in which you have Twerk app. The folder will be of the type as “twerk_com.google”.
7. After loading the folder in your chrome, you will see the KIK app with the version which you named earlier in the “app launcher”.
8. Click on this app and your KIK messenger is launched on your Chromebook or chrome.
Download KIK Messenger via ARC Welder Tool
ARC welder tool is a recent app which is launched by Google and is available at Chrome web store. ARC stands for Android Runtime for Chrome. This tool is specifically designed to run Android apk files through Chromebook or chrome.
How does ARC welder tool work?
ARC welder actually provides the developers with a platform to test their apps. But in this case, when you want to use KIK messenger on Chromebook, you can use this app to install KIK app instead of testing the Android apps.
If you want to use this method for having KIK messenger on your Chromebook, then follow the procedure given below.
1. First of all, you need to download the KIK messenger apk file on the chrome.These apk files allow you to download the installation pack of the app instead of downloading the actual app.
2. Once the KIK apk is loaded onto your chrome, navigate through your Chromebook and search the “ARC welder icon”. Click on ARC welder tool.
3. Once you click the ARC welder, you will see “Add your apk” button on the window. Simply click on this button.
4. Then you will see a file manager. Go to the folder where you have saved KIK messenger apk file and upload it.
Once it is uploaded on the ARC welder, you can use the KIK messenger app easily on your chrome.
Make sure you configure and optimize app settings for ARC welder. Most of the settings are done automatically while installing it but you can customize these settings according to your ease and suitability. These settings include;
– Permissions to access clipboard
– Form factor
Once you’re done configuring the ARC, click “launch app” to start using KIK messenger. There might be a few changes in the look of this app here but overall the functionality should be familiar to you.
Now choose any of the above methods and have KIK messenger on your Chromebook or chrome.
Have fun with KIK messenger!