Many KIK users want to find a way to change KIK notification ringtone sound but they have no idea where to find this setting in the messenger window. This guide will help you fix this problem so that you can set your favorite notification ringtone.
Remember when mobile phones were new? The biggest interest one had was of enjoying the ringtones.
Everyone wished to have the coolest ringtone. Whenever someone had a unique ringtone sound, others would just ask to share it with them so they could also put it up as their alert tone.
Changing Ringtone depends on the Smartphone
Smartphone usage is the most common form of communication these days and each company is trying to provide it with better and better opportunities to attract the customers.
Unluckily, KIK messenger does not have an option for changing the default sound notification but it can be done in a couple of ways.
Changing the ringtone depends on your device as there is no built-in setting to change your ringtone on KIK. This is, in fact, a drawback of KIK messenger that it does not provide its user with this facility.
But probably this feature would be included in the upcoming versions of this app.
Default Sound on KIK Messenger App
Hearing the same sound over and again can be pretty annoying at times. If you are tired of using the same default tone, you can change it by following a few steps mentioned in this article.
For Android Phones the notification sound can be changed to anything you want but there are no such settings in an iPhone.
iPhone does not have a notification sound setting, however, it has the settings to change ringtones for a call, text message etc. That’s how you can change the notification sound of your KIK notifications.
Keep reading to learn the exact method to change KIK notification ringtone sound.
Changing the Notification Sound in iOS
As stated earlier, that this changing of ringtone varies from one operating system to the other. In an iPhone in order to change the notification sound, follow the following steps:
1. Go to “Settings” of your iPhone. I’m sure you can find ‘settings’ easily unless you just bought your first iOS device and have no idea where to find system settings.
2. After going in Settings, the first option will be “Notification Center”. Click on this and a list will appear to manage notifications of calls, messages, emails etc.
3. Click on “Messages” and then go to “Include List”. Here you will be able to change notification settings.
4. Tap on “Notification/Alert Sound”. Be ready to change the sound settings.
5. Select the sound of your choice. Be sure to select a notification sound that is audible. Sometimes, users select a ringtone that rarely makes a sound and therefore they miss their important text messages.
6. Exit the Settings by tapping the “Home”.
This is a simple procedure for changing the notification through iOS. In this way the ringtone for messages on all the apps will be same.
Changing the Notification Sound in Android
In Android, there is an advantage of changing the notifications for all the apps. Follow the following steps:
1. Go to “Settings App” on your device, a menu list will come to adjust settings for different apps. If you are using the latest Android version, simply drag from top and there you will ‘Settings’.
2. Once you have entered settings menu, tap on “Sound”.
3. Scroll down the displayed list and tap on the “Notification Ringtone”.
4. Select a ringtone of your choice and tap “OK”.
Your ringtone will be adjusted for messages/calls and you can get alerts of your own choice. In this way the important messages or calls can be customized.
Changing Ringtone to MP3 Music Files
You can also use your favorite music clip as a ringtone. For this purpose, make sure you downloaded the music file. It can also be saved in phone memory by receiving from any other device via USB.
Just check the quality of the soundtrack and reliability of the source is not compromised.
Follow the following easy steps to make your favorite music as your ringtone:
1. Firstly, connect your device’s external memory to your computer from which file is to be taken. If you have a memory card, place it in the USB port.
2. Notification will occur on your phone immediately after connecting it to the computer. Go to the notification and click “Phone is connected”.
3. Open your phone’s folder through the computer and create a “New Folder” inside it with a name “Ringtone”.
4. Then go to the location of a ringtone from your computer. “Copy” from a computer and “Paste” it in the new folder.
5. Now disconnect the phone from a computer by taking out the SD card.
6. Go to Settings>Sound>Phone ringtone.
This way, a music clip can be set as your KIK messenger notification.
Turning the Sound Notification On/Off
You can also turn the sound of your message notification On/Off for KIK messenger app. This is built-in the messenger and can be done easily by following steps:
1. Go to your KIK Messenger App.
2. Click on the “gear” sign for settings, located on the top-left corner.
3. Tap on “Notifications>Sound”
4. Turn SoundToggle On/Off. When it is green, it means it is on. When it Is gray it means the sound is off.
I’m sure you can now change the notification sound on any phone, whether iOS or Android. It’s easy and it doesn’t take more than a minute.
When setting a ringtone from a file, be sure to select a short audio file. If your ringtone plays a song 2 minutes long every time you receive a chat, it’s going to be extremely annoying.
Be sure to select a short and catchy ringtone so that you never miss a message again.
Read also about how to run the Tagged on desktop