When you create an account for KIK messenger, you need to create a username and a password. Once you have done that, scroll below and see how you can play around with your KIK username.
Use your username to login to KIK Messenger
Making an account on KIK is very simple, just like any other messaging app. You need to enter your “Email Address” and “Password”. Keep in mind that the email address you provide is not already being used in any of the KIK ID. Because you need to have a unique email address.
They will ask you to set your username which will be your identification on KIK and will be used to search for you. Type the username of your choice and enjoy the KIK Messenger.
Changing KIK Username-Is It Possible?
At the time of creating a new account, you will be asked to choose a username. This username cannot be changed directly through your account. But there is an important point to notice that the Username and Display Name are not the same things.
Username is preset and cannot be changed. However, the display name is your name which other users see. The procedure to change this is described in detail in this article.
Username is the name which you use to login to your account along with the password. Some apps require the email address and password to login whereas, some give the option to enter your email address or username. This username is only seen by you and not by other users.
So, choose a username which you will remember easily.
Why Change Username?
Username is not visible to anyone else but you, so one should only change his username when he wants to have multiple accounts. Otherwise, it will be of no use.
How to Change Username in Kik Messenger?
There are two common ways for changing your username.
1. Delete the account and create a new one.
It can be done by going to “Settings” > “Your Account” > “Reset”. This will reset your account and now you can make a new one with different username and same email address.
2. Simply create a new account using a different email address to have multiple accounts.
This is done simply as before when you made your login account on KIK Messenger for the first time.
How to Change Display Name in Kik?
As mentioned above, the display name is the name which everyone sees. This can be changed any time one wants to. It can be done as follows:
1. Open up the KIK Messenger on your device.
2. Log in to the account by entering your username and password.
3. Click on the “gear” sign for “Settings”, on the top right corner of the Messenger. Here you can see the list of options you want to do. All the account settings are managed through this.
4. Tap on “Account Settings”. There will be an option of changing your email information, display name, reset the account. By tapping on “Name”, your current name will be displayed. You can change your name from here to anything you want. Now this will be the new name which your friends will be seeing.
Unlike changing username, changing the display name will not reset your account and all your account’s information will remain intact.
Why Change Your Name?
There can be multiple reasons for changing the username or display name. Privacy concern is the major issue on social media. So, it is quite possible that you want to change your name to something else for maintaining your privacy. Or it can be of any other reason or you just want to change it for no specific reason. This is completely your own choice.
It’s all up to you! You can change your name whenever you wish and enjoy the App.