If you want to do face-to-face chat with your KIK friends and want to know whether FaceTime works for KIK messenger or not, then you have come to the right page. “Can we FaceTime through KIK messenger?” A simple answer to this question is NO. The reasons and alternatives for this are described in this article. So just move along with it.
Why go for a face-to-face chat?
With the advancement in technology and increased messaging apps, video chatting has become very popular.
• It is more convenient to chat face-to-face with your friends and discuss or explain them whatever you want.
• The expressions can be transferred in a better way in such chats, improving the communication level.
• You might just want to watch the world of your friends who live in some distant country and can get a chance to explore other parts of the world.
Due to these reasons, most of the people are switching to the apps that provide video chats or video calls. In these apps, FaceTime is getting popular at a rapid pace among the young adults.
FaceTime App and KIK Messenger
FaceTime is an app which has made video chatting and calling more convenient than ever before. This is an Apple creation and works only for iPhone, Mac computers or any other device using an iOS.
KIK messenger users often think about FaceTiming through KIK. But unfortunately, this is not possible because both of them are different apps, with different features. There are certain technical limitations to their connection.
• As mentioned earlier, FaceTime is available only for iOS but KIK messenger is available for all operating system devices including Android, iOS, Windows etc. So they cannot work side by side at all if you have any Android device.
• Both these apps can exist within the same smartphone (having iOS) at a time but they cannot be linked together. For Android devices, only KIK messenger is available among the two.
• As these apps cannot integrate, there is no way for both the apps to automatically access each other’s resourcesto send messages.
Because of these complications in the software, KIK messenger and FaceTime are non-compatible apps. But don’t get dishearten if you want to go for a face-to-face chat on KIK messenger. Let’s have a look at the alternatives for FaceTime.
Spamming and FaceTime on KIK Messenger
It is often seen on KIK messenger that people invite you to FaceTime. But as we have come to know that FaceTime on KIK is not possible so if you are getting such invites, then ignore them as they are just from spammers.
KIK Messenger Alternatives for FaceTime
Fortunately, if you are looking for alternatives for FaceTime on KIK messenger, we have plenty of solutions. We will start with a preferablealternative first and will go through other alternative apps later.
Video Messages on KIK
The best FaceTime alternative in KIK messenger is the video messaging feature provided by KIK developers. You can connect with your KIK friends in real time through this video messaging app just like FaceTime connects you with people. The goal of both these apps is to make face-to-face communication possible.
The difference between both these apps is that in FaceTime you can go for a live video chat but KIK messenger lacks this video chatting feature. Instead, it has the ability to capture a video and send a video message.
For this, you need to go for making a video clip, then select your friend and send that video message to him/her. It is more like text messaging, with a video attached.
The procedure to send video messages through KIK messenger is given below.
1. If you are already using KIK messenger, then simply click on “+” sign in the conversation box.
2. Go to the “Camera” of your smartphone and click on “video mode”. Then start making avideo.
In case the video is already in the gallery of your phone, then simply click on the desired video.
3. Then click “send” and you’re done with sending avideo message to your KIK friends.
Although this does not provide the same facility as that of video calling via FaceTime but as it is said: “Something is better than nothing”.
Messaging through KIK messenger is highly recommended as it is one of the best messaging apps these days but if you are still looking for FaceTime alternatives then you can go for using any app other than KIK messenger that offers video calling.
The first app which comes to mind when we talk about video chat is Skype. It is free to download and easy to use. It has almost the same video chat features as that of FaceTime. It is even more developed than FaceTime and has been in use by millions and millions of people from many years.
It is probably the oldest and the best video chatting apps available. It is even more preferable than FaceTime and unlike FaceTime, itcan work perfectly on all operating systems be it Android, iOS,
Windows or any other.
However, KIK and Skype cannot be compared as KIK has best features as a messaging app and Skype has its qualities as a video chat app.
As the number of KIK users increase, we can hope that the developers of this app will take this video chat feature into account and add it to the app in future. But until then, for KIK messenger, video messagescan be taken as an alternative for FaceTime.